Job Profile – Branch Accountant
1.Review monthly branch reporting packs and commentary, investigating any anomalies / variances that require additional explanation with the branch, and providing a summary to the Finance Manager.
- Develop an understanding of branch financial operations through regular international travel and be able to reconcile to financial performance and identify anomalies.
- Review on line bank statements on a daily basis; perform bank reconciliations, liaising with the branch to confirm details of payments / cash received, cash lodgement in bank, against back-up documentation. Record and report any anomalies, unexplained transactions to the Reporting Manager.
- Monthly review of trial balance from the local ERP vs. group reporting pack. Confirmation of balances and movements, review of accruals / provision accounts on a monthly basis with the branches. Provide a summary report to the Reporting Manager recording any issues / unusual movements in the month.
- Ensure local authorizations are completed in line.
- Detailed review of customer sales ledger balances and timing of sales particularly for year-end cut-off.
- Monthly review of branch staff expense claims and authorization (cash, credit card expenses and expense advances), recording any instances of non-compliance to expense guidelines and escalating to the Reporting Manager.
- Branch hub control & audit report follow-ups, chasing outstanding actions and to assist in closing points by the required deadline, developing additional policies and processes to further enhance the control environment.
- Ensure all statutory reporting requirements are detailed on Encompass and upcoming deadlines are achieved. Prepare monthly summary report from Encompass showing activities in the month and upcoming submission deadlines.
- Maintain and review log of queries raised with the branches to highlight increased questionable activity. Monthly summary to be reported to the Reporting Manager.
- Keep track of showrooms licenses renewal, all company commercial documents updated from time to time.
- Consolidation of all branch accounts on monthly basis.
Job Type / Category
Full Time , Permanent Job
CA / CA Inter preferred
5 days working Sun to Thu
9:00 am to 6:00 pm , Office located in SAIF Zone Sharjah
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified accountant with a good understanding of accounting/regulatory requirements
- Experience in providing business partnering support in an international organization.
- Firm grasp of key business processes and best practices
- Logical problem solver with strong numeric skills
- Self-starter with strong analytical and investigative skills
- Confident and persuasive communicator with people of all levels
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: AED6,500.00 to AED7,500.00 /month
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Mis Reporting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Financial Reporting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Sharjah (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- Hindi (Preferred)
Source — Indeed