Location: Doha, Qatar
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Instruct other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in food preparation.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Culinary Studies
- Good English communication skills
- Has Food Hygiene and Safety training is preferred
- Previous experience in Hospitality (Hotel and Restaurant) industry as Chef the Partie or DCP
About the Company
With a rich legacy of cinema firsts, a passion for movies and a mission to entertain film fans everywhere, Novo Cinemas is proud to be the largest and most visited chain of theatres in the Middle East.
Our journey began in 2000 under the Grand Cinemas brand. The launch of the flagship Grand Cineplex in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, would be the cornerstone of an entertainment chain that would soon extend across borders and introduce to the region such pioneering technologies as online booking, e-kiosks and the first cinema-dedicated mobile app, in addition to the UAE’s only IMAX screen.
In 2012, Grand Cinemas was acquired by ELAN Qatar W.L.L (ELAN) as part of the Gulf Film Group, and so began an exciting new chapter in our story. Attuned to the evolving social habits and needs of today’s movie-goers, in 2014 we re-inaugurated the chain as Novo Cinemas, an identity that would reflect our promise of a complete entertainment experience.
In the same year, we opened our doors at World Trade Centre-Abu Dhabi, a location near and dear to Emirati hearts in the capital’s old central market, and took premium cinema to Qatar, welcoming movie-goers at the luxury island destination of The Pearl-Qatar. As a result, our expansive network now spans no fewer than 119 screens and 22,000 seats in 15 locations across the UAE, Qatar and Jordan. Ongoing expansion will see our numbers grow to over 200 screens by 2015 – and our IMAX network extended to four spectacular screens.
Where people once came together solely for a viewing experience, now they meet, share, contribute, celebrate and connect. We became the largest chain of cinemas in the Middle East by pushing boundaries, pioneering change, and consistently striving for the \\\\”new\\\\”. Now Grand Cinemas is Novo Cinemas, because a great movie is just the beginning.