Job Ref: 1410
Job Title: Common Services Assistant
Salary: AED 113,540 per annum plus benefits
Vacancy Type: Indeterminate
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Summary of Position:
The Common Service Administrative Assistant (LE-05) provides daily administrative support, Human Resource and Finance related services; provides and creates information and/or documentation; provides support for ongoing program activities; responds to service requests from clientele and performs other duties as required.
Supports regional focus of program by supporting administrative and financial interactions and proactively cooperating with regional offices relating to normal job duties.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of qualifications, training and experience.
- Fluent English (oral and written)
- Recent experience* working for an international organization/company or diplomatic mission
- Minimum 2 years’ recent* experience working in an administrative support capacity with a strong focus on client service
- Minimum 2 years recent* accounting experience working in maintaining computerized expenditure records, invoices, expense claims, collecting and processing payments.
- Recent is defined as within the last 5 years.
- Standard accounting and administrative practices and procedures
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of SAP Finance or similar accounting software
- Knowledge of Financial accounting
- Knowledge of general Human Resources practices
- Effective Interactive Communication – Oral and Written
- Client Focus (able to provide effective client service in person, by telephone and electronic messaging including dealing with difficult clients);
- Ability to work under pressure effectively managing competing demands and priorities
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Attention to detail/ Accuracy
- Discretion (able to handle sensitive and confidential information with diplomacy)
- Professional integrity and sound judgment;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures
- Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications:
- Previous experience with the Canadian Government;
- Knowledge of the French language (spoken and written);
- Experience with SAP-FINANCE software;
- Bachelor’s degree or professional qualification in Accountancy/Commerce.
If candidates meet the factors listed in the asset qualifications they must also clearly demonstrate how they meet these factors in their covering letter.
- Occasional overtime will be required;
- Some travel may be required.
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Able to obtain and maintain a Government of Canada Reliability Status clearance;
- Must be a resident of the UAE at time of staffing process and Eligibility to work in UAE under Embassy Sponsorship (Not to be a Tourist).
How to Apply
- Please follow the link www.wfca-tpce.com and complete the online application form. Candidates are also required to upload a CV and a covering letter. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
- Candidates must demonstrate concisely in their cover letter how they meet the essential and asset qualifications
Area of Selection:
Open to external applicants, who are eligible to work in UAE and will be resident in UAE at the time of hiring, and to all mission employees occupying an indeterminate or term position, who meet all of the essential qualifications, and whose applications are received by the closing date. The Canadian Government is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
- Candidates are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. They are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application (English or French).
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- Please note that some email systems may block emails from unknown users. Candidates should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including junk mail.
- Candidates selected at the screening stage will be invited for further assessment. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
- Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
- The Embassy of Canada to United Arab Emirates does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- If candidates need any special assistance in terms of attending exams or interviews then please let us know during the application process.
- The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list of staff for similar openings at the Embassy of Canada to United Arab Emirates, which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.
- If you have any questions at any stage of the process please send an email to [email protected]