Delivery Project Executive
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience – it’s what IBMers do. As we tackle the world’s biggest challenges, our company continues to grow, we’re looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers – people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals.
DPE role is a senior leadership role responsible to the Account Director for an airways accounts for client satisfaction through formulation, development, implementation, and End to End service delivery across Infrastructure, technical, and business solutions, responding to the client requirements as specified in the contract.
The role is responsible for Service Delivery across the assigned account. The Senior DPE works with the Project Office and delivery organization as a primary point of contact for client requirements and expectations with regard to Service Delivery & Operations and ongoing project excluding Transformation projects.
- Provide Account Leadership for overall service delivery as per contract for all infrastructure domains covering Systems Operations, Networking, Service Management including IPC & monitoring, Security Operations and Workplace competencies and direct teams to meet contract deliverables such as SLAs, defined/agreed KPI with the client and other related deliverables as agreed with the client from time to time.
- Manage account cost, project schedules and project deliverables as they relate to the delivery organization including IBM resources and coordinate with client resources to deliver services and solutions to support the client organization and ensure timely delivery of project milestones/deliverables.
- Be responsible to the Account Director / Global Project Executive (PE) in identifying growth opportunities and contract profitability and client satisfaction.
- Own quality of services provided by the delivery organization and be responsible for tracking and reporting on end to end service level performance.
- Provide Expert level knowledge as required across PM methodologies, emerging technologies and technical solutions pertaining to client needs in consultation with the Account Chief Architect and must have the vision and the ability to influence the clients’ actions.
- Responsible for Compliance as per laid down guidelines and ensure audit readiness at all times.
- Ensure team is continuously developed and skills updated to be able to meet the delivery requirement including niche skills.
- Plan and implement Continuous Improvement Program to improve the quality of services provided and to attain Delivery Excellence.
- Conduct weekly reviews of various Service Delivery domains including Application domain to ensure the team is guided to achieve & maintain the required service quality.
- Evaluate Delivery team half yearly to ensure they are rated appropriately without and provide mentoring to the needful. Also use this forum to maintain the desired motivation levels in the team.
Professional knowledge of function, business unit or country operations. Understand organizational resources, priorities, needs and policies.
Guide other professionals. Adapt communications and approaches to conclude negotiations with various partners, resulting in common agreements.
Analyze complex/new situations, anticipate potential problems and future trends, assess opportunities, impacts, and risks. Develop and implement solutions.
Leads multi-functional teams, or conducts special projects, or manages department(s) (national or international). Has vision of functional or unit mission. Influences people and organizations, including executive management, when issues are complex/difficult and require considerable diplomacy. Considerable latitude in responsibilities to define and decide on tools, processes, priorities and resources following general business unit directives. Recognized as an expert in their field. Often no precedent exists.
Impact on Business/Scope:
Accountable for projects or programs involving multi- functional, country-wide or regional teams. Responsible for overall functional program success. Activities are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, and impact functional, business unit, or country costs or expenses.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Other Project Executive
Role ( Job Role )
Fixed Term – Long Term
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Minimum of 10 years of related experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.