JG15476 – Housekeeping Valet (M/F) – Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & SPA
About Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa:
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in a world class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa, built on a cliff overlooking the fishing village of Port Soller and surrounded by the Tramuntana mountain range, the resort’s appearance promises a true escape – even appearing to float between the sky and the sea at times.
This intimate five star hotel houses a selection of 120 airy sea or mountain facing rooms and suites, spread across 11 buildings connected by wonderful scented gardens.
The warm Mediterranean climate and the hotel’s glorious natural setting make this the ideal place for al fresco dining. A choice of four bars and two restauarants serving Spanish delicacies, while the luxurious Talise spa, state-of-the-art gym, two swimming pools and a spacious ballroom provide more ways to spend time with us.
About the role:
To ensure that all that guest and colleague linen/uniforms and maintained to a high standard of cleanliness, as assigned by the Housekeeping Manager and in accordance to Jumeirah International policies and procedures to ensure maximum guest and colleague satisfaction.
Your duties will include;
- To be fully aware of the work schedule and ensure adequate notice is given if all work cannot be carried out.
- To report any complaints, accidents, equipment malfunction, maintenance faults. Suspicious persons, safety hazards or other incidents immediately to Duty Manager.
- To participate in the building of an efficient team by taking an active interest in the daily running of the Hotel.
- To understand and follow all the objectives, standards, policies and procedures outlined by the Housekeeping Manager.
- To ensure that strict control is carried out when receiving and returning work equipment. Eg: Keys. Where appropriate is responsible for the upkeep of any equipment. Loss of any piece of equipment eg: Keys to be report immediately.
- To respond to answering pager and carried out any request within the 10 minutes standard.
- To be responsible for the worksheet assigned and ensure that all request are correctly logged and all rooms are cleaned and signed off to the standard required
- To follow the Health and Safety manual handling and COSHH procedures closely.
- To request any training that is required to carry out the duties safely and as per the standard laid down.
- Any lost property found to be taken immediately to the Housekeeping Office to be recorded with all relevant information to ensure safe return to the owner.
- To ensure that all items received and issued form the valet are correctly logged in accordance with the standards outlined. To report immediately to the Team Leader or laundry any discrepancies.
- To check the standard of items received form the outside laundry company and immediately report any defects or shortfalls.
- To ensure all storage areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To be responsible for the collection, sorting, delivery, recording and counting of soiled and clean laundry and dry cleaning.
- To deliver request to both colleagues and guest in an efficient and courteous manner.
- To ensure that all necessary records and paperwork is completed correctly and passed onto the relevant departments as soon as possible and prior to leaving the shift.
- To be responsible for the packing and unpacking of guest’s clothes, assistance with guest dressing needs and cleaning of shoes as and when requested.
- To be responsible for the delivery, recording of guest clothing on request and redelivery of such items to the allocated room prior to the guest arrival.
- To be responsible for delivery, recording and collection of items such as iron and boards as requested by the guest.
- To be responsible for the maintenance and proper storage of all equipment used and ensure that all faults are reported immediately.
- To be responsible for contacting specified guest upon their arrival to offer assistance with their laundry, pressing and other services.
- To ensure that all outstanding and follow up activities required in the handover log for next shift to ensure a professional, efficient and courteous service to the guest.
Personality is the key to our roles, as is a genuine passion for world class personalised service. Excellent command of the Spanish language is required. Other languages are highly valued. We want people who are confident, willing to multi task and undertake duties outside of the normal job description.
If this sounds like you and you are passionate about providing thoughtful and generous service to guests, are ambitious, hardworking and take a genuine interest in people, we would like to hear from you.
About the benefits:
Jumeirah believes in compensating with an attractive benefit offer (salary, training …) for the positions. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a luxury hospitality operator with ambitious future expansion plans.