JG15480 – Plant Engineer – Burj Al Arab
Business Unit: Burj Al Arab
Location: UAE – Dubai
Job Type: Full Time Unlimited (UAE Business Unit)
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 140,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Designed to resemble a billowing sail, the Burj al Arab soars to a height of 321 meters dominating the Dubai coastline. At night it offers an unforgettable sight surrounded by choreographed colour sculptures of water and fire. This all-suite hotel reflects the finest that the world has to offer.
About the Role:
An exciting role has arisen for a highly motivated Plant Engineer to join the Engineering team at the Burj Al Arab. You will be responsible in coordinating and overseeing the daily operations of the engineering department, deliver strategic, added value to Engineering interventions to the business and ensuring the property & assets are maintained in the highest order through the implementation of the “Jumeirah Engineering Management System”.
You main duties will include:
- Supervises and directs the daily activities of all Engineering Department supervisors and subordinates.
- Observes activities to ensure adherence to policies and operating procedures.
- Check on completed repair and maintenance works to ensure that established standards have been met.
- Assists in the implementation, co-ordination and monitoring of the JEMS (Jumeirah Engineering Management System .This will include the Fire, Life and Safety Matrix, PPM and Work Order Systems).
- Handles grievances, suggestions and complaints by colleagues and recommends appropriate action to the Director of Engineering/Chief Engineer.
- Submits a comprehensive monthly report to the Director of Engineering/Chief Engineer on activities carried out for the month (if required).
- Request support and direction as needed.
- Being able to familiar with and comply with all relevant Engineering Department policies, processes and procedures.
In order to be considered for the role, you must have a formal qualification in an Engineering discipline as well as Health & safety certified. You will have a a minimum of five years post qualification experience in a 5 star hotel. You will have a minimum of five years experience in a supervisory role in Middle East. It is essential if you have a previous experience in a multicultural environment and in Fire & Life safety systems.
You must have a knowledge of HVAC and electrical systems.
You must be dynamic, has positive attitude, great motivator, team Leader, team player and has a problem solving skills as well as organised and structured individual.
This is a very “hands on” and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times.
It is also essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and you should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight ticket allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.