Title: Operations Supervisor (PEN000334)
Primary Location: Middle East
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Vectrus is a leading, global government services company with a history in the Services market that dates back to 1945. We provide infrastructure asset management, information technology and network communication services, and logistics and supply chain management services to our customers around the world. We are differentiated by cost leadership, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships, and a strong commitment to their mission success. Our company is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Co., and includes approximately 6,000 employees, working in the most challenging environments in the world, on three continents and in 18 countries. In 2015 we generated sales of $1.2 billion.
Interface and acts as the primary communication link between the Transportation Department, Supply Operation Center (SOC), Maintenance Operations Center (MOC), Retrograde Operation Center (ROC), and the Logistics and Maintenance Operations Center (LMOC) on all mission requirements. Responsible for planning, and analyzing mission support for taskers and Missions assigned to the Department.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
- Responsible for coordinating and synchronizing mission support for missions assigned to the Section.
- Acts as the primary communication link between the work centers, LMOC and the customer, to ensure efficient execution of taskers and/or missions.
- Tracks progress and validates completion of missions.
- Provides timely and accurate information to Supply Management, LMOC and the customer.
- Possess the very highest level of organizational efficiency.
- Troubleshoots problem areas in logistics and coordinates problem resolution or recommends solutions to management.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of all phases of Supply.
- Possess superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Monitors critical ongoing missions and tasks.
- Advises the manager and Senior Vectrus staff on issues concerning Supply, and liaise with operations coordinators to determine and achieve optimal result.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal Computer, printers, calculators, FAX and Copy machines, digital scanners and other general office equipment. Office Automation including Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
Work is generally conducted in an office environment and at project work areas. Duties, however, may involve the conduct of work outdoors with potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions. May be required to work other than standard work hours to ensure effective customer support.
Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs., stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing Protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, and Fire Regulations and published company work rules.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High School graduate or equivalent. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Applications to include Power Point, Excel, Excel Pivot
Tables and Word.
Working knowledge of AWRDS highly desirable.
VBLSS Green Belt Certification is desirable.
Must have at least four (4) years of experience working in the fields of Supply functional areas. Additional experience working in a military Operations center is highly desirable. Familiarity with military equipment, automation systems related to Class VII accountability and readiness critical. Excellent written and oral communication skills mandatory, as well as the ability to actively participate in the decision making process. Candidate must possess strong customer service and analytical skills and have the ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software. Good verbal and written communication skills are essential. Experience with Government Performance Work Statements or Government Contracting work is a plus.