Job ID: 526991
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Job Function: General Management
Location: United Arab Emirates-SCB
Full/Part Time: Full time
- Ensure that the office is running smoothly in regards to supplies and services by acting as liaison among various departments (IT, mailing room, accounts payable, HR, etc.)
- Coordinate equipment needs for the team members, such as laptops, phones and cell phones
- Diary management for the Head Legal & Compliance, UAE.
- Prepare itineraries; arrange travel, accommodation, visas, cars etc.
- Assist with the smooth running of department, and ensure premises and IT issues are promptly addressed.
- Organisation and maintenance of files for the Head Legal & Compliance, UAE
- To support the Head Legal & Compliance, UAE in tracking and ensuring timely completion of Group initiatives
Assist on special projects as needed basis:
- Provide assistance to visiting STA, and HiPos on training
- Assist event organisation on ad hoc basis: Team Face to Face meetings and visits of Group Compliance and other special project i.e. volunteering projects within the bank
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive and timely administrative support to the Head Legal & Compliance, UAE.
- Assist in daily interaction with the region and other internal stakeholders
- General correspondence, faxes, prints outs, preparing power point drafts etc.
- Manage travel plans, visa, hotel arrangements, travel file
- Co-ordinate all travel arrangements for visiting staff including hotel accommodation, ticketing, transportation and visas i.e. for HiPos or STAs
- Managing and coordinating diaries for internal and external meetings and calls
- Assist in preparing meetings, gather meeting papers, discussion pack, agenda (i.e. for audit)
- Keep and manage contact database (CMG contacts)
- Prepare expense reports, process invoices for payment
- Controlling team’s expense reports
- Monitoring leave and approving leave requests and role / promotion changes in the PeopleSoft
- Ensuring that team has submitted their JO, JD and self assessment for the performance review
- Stock control and procuring office stationery, reviewing and monitoring invoices for payment
- Raising RMS request for all IT Procurement requirement of the department, follow-up and ensure the request is done on time;
- Maintaining Dept. Personnel files; update and maintain Admin documents in Shared folder and archiving
- Controlling monthly Cost transaction report and ensure all monthly expenditure are paid
- Maintain confidentiality at all time
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 5 years of equivalent experience.
- Ability to work independently and drive things forward
- Ability to work under pressure with fluctuating volume demands and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and assist in effective usage of time.
- Act independently with minimum supervision
- Diplomacy and tact required in internal and external relationships
- Pro-activity /anticipation: anticipate needs/events and give advice before issues arise
- Ability to maintain an aggressive work pace
- Uses initiative to get positive results and finds better ways of working
- Strong attention to detail in a multi-tasking environment
- Flexible and responsive in order to handle changing priorities
- Multi-culturally aware and able to operate effectively across geographically dispersed teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent telephone manner
- Problem solving and organisational skills
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Intranet and Outlook)
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
– You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
– Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
– We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 – 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 13/09/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.