At AMS we are continuously looking for team players with can-do attitudes. Are you motivated by being part of a team that is helping with the regeneration of nations? We have the right opportunity for you!
Our Supply Chain and Procurement team in Dubai will be growing fast over the months and we will be looking to expand during this exciting time of growth. AMS are looking for a Procurement Assistant and that might just be you!
The Procurement Assistant is responsible to ensure that the business has a constant supply of materials or equipment. The role will work primarily in an administrative capacity, doing tasks such as scheduling material purchases and deliveries and verifying current inventory.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Schedule Purchases and Arrivals.
- Works with vendors to schedule shipping and delivery times. They are present to receive any orders, and verify that the correct items and amounts have been delivered. They then properly store the material.
- Maintains Inventory.
- Verifies current inventory levels and keep records to prevent inventory gaps. They note when inventory is low and it is time to order new products.
- Review and Place Purchase Orders.
- Before placing an order, carefully checks purchase orders for accuracy, completeness and clarity.
- Verifies that product information, shipping information, cost and delivery dates are all correct before obtaining authorization to place an order.
- Escalate missed deadlines to Procurement Manager.
- Prepare contracts and keep regular contact with service providers for monitoring of their contracts’ terms at administrative level.
- At least 1 year of work experience in the field of project administration with emphasis on procurement and contracting management.
- Knowledge of procurement processes policies and procedures.
- Strong emphasis on accuracy and detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Basic mathematical knowledge.
- Relevant degree or diploma in Economics, Management, Finance/Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent disciplines.
Qualifications and specialist skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Automobile Engineering or similar qualification.
- Previous experience of working in a purchasing team preferably within an automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown.
- Able to add value, reduce costs and input to business improvements.
- Computer literate, with advanced Excel skills/abilities.
- Relevant work experience within the Automotive industry is an advantage.
Only candidates with relevant experience will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: AED5,000.00 to AED6,000.00 /month
- Procurement: 1 year (Preferred)
SOURCE — INDEED