At InterContinental Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 3500 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the world over.
Specific Pre – Opening Responsibilities
- Understand all local government offices regulations and especially related to licenses, visa and residence procedures
- Identify contacts in all government offices
- Make visas for all new hires well in advance from travel plans
- Participate in any government, municipality and Tourism Board visits
- Maintain good working relationships with government, immigration and Owning Company representatives to have efficient and timely flow of work.
- Secure all visa permits, licenses and government administration on time as stipulated by Law to avoid any fines etc.
- Use financial resources of the company in a careful and judicious manner through online and cash payments.
- Prepare periodic reports as per policy to justify use of hotel resources.
- Make all visas, arranges for medicals and residence visas for all colleagues and their families as required
- Prepare and issues the employee’s ID cards and Emirates ID Cards
- Responsible for the preparation of all personnel documentation in Arabic.
- Responsible for safekeeping, releasing and receiving the colleague passports.
- Ensure that the visas of terminated or resigned employees are cancelled and responsible for ensuring their exit or their legal stay in the country.
- Assist in HR projects and tasks as indicated for the benefit of colleagues.
- Arrange for guest visas for individuals and groups as required.
- Secure music and entertainment NO Objection Certificates as requested.
- Perform related duties as and special projects as assigned for the comfort of the guests.
- Disseminate information that relates to local law and changes in law to advise hotel.
- Act as Hotel Representative relating to personnel matters with all government agencies.
- Act as liaison with relevant Police, Municipality, Health Centres and Tourism Board etc.
This is an important mid level Human Resources job in a large full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with extensive facilities and services, a number of major outlets, and catering and convention facilities. Typically manages multiple Human Resources professionals and/or administrative staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar qualification in Human Resources/Legal field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years background in a Public Relations Officer/Visa Officer position within the Human resources Department is preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to the extent possible in all Human Resources-related matters.
- Arabic speaking
- Other languages preferred
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with employees, vendors, and corporate human resources and legal staff.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math and ability to double check cash and online financial transaction regarding work
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
Job: Procurement & Supply Chain
Primary Location: IMEA_MiddleEast-United Arab Emirates-FU-Fujairah