Job description / Role
We are looking for a Legal Secretary for our office in Dubai. This individual will be responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the Senior Associate and Team Leader in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
Specific duties will vary considerably according to specific needs of the office and / or department.
These include but are not limited to:
– Perform tasks as Lawyers first point of contact with people from inside and outside the Firm; provide a high level of client service at all times; project and maintain a positive image.
– Receive, screen and respond appropriately to telephone calls, inquiries and requests on behalf of assigned Lawyer(s) as directed by them; take accurate messages and follow up as requested by Lawyer in order to ensure client enquiries are dealt with promptly and professionally.
– Deal with Lawyers incoming email, faxes and post as appropriate.
– Liaise with clients and other staff in compliance with Lawyer’s requests.
– Organize and manage Lawyers schedule, review schedule with Lawyer on a daily basis, make and confirm appointments on their behalf and keep Lawyer informed of daily agenda. Reschedule as requested.
– Liaise with Administration Coordinator in regards to Lawyers travel and accommodation arrangements.
– Take dictation for assigned Lawyer, perform typing and transcription of documentation as required.
– Compose and type letters, memos, correspondence and reports as requested by Lawyer(s).
– Maintain and update assigned Partners files to deal efficiently with paper flow and organization and storage of paper work, documents and computer-based information.
– Participate in the billing process.
– Perform other work related tasks as required.
Reporting to: Senior Associates and Team Leader
– Previous legal or professional services experience is mandatory
Specialist knowledge and skills:
– Excellent working knowledge of MS Office Applications
– Sound knowledge of office procedures
– Working knowledge of record-keeping techniques
– Fast typing speed in Arabic and English is required
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English
– Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships with most senior executives
– Good problem solving and decision-making skills
– Exceptional organizational skills
Current Residence: UAE only
source : gulftalent.ae