Job Title: Teller Officer
Job ID: 5826BR
Function: Retail Banking Wealth Management
Department: RBWM Network
HSBC is one of the world’s leading banks, with a network covering 71 countries and territories. Our global reach means we offer many ways for you to develop your career. We offer an inclusive, values-led culture, tailored learning and development programmes and competitive benefits. We have roles in retail, commercial, investment and private banking and a range of operational and functional teams.
To provide a high quality, customer driven service by pro-actively identifying and addressing customer needs in order to assist HSBC in the achievement of its plan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain operational standards and efficiency and minimise operational risk.
- Outward clearing cheques are processed on timely basis.
- Cash and Treasury
- Cards delivery transactions
- PINs and Cheque Book delivery transactions
- Guide and attend to customer queries appropriately.
- Provide a high level of professional and personalized service.
- Receive cash deposits in LCY and FCY and detect forged from genuine
- Pay cash and process relative vouchers after verifying customers” signature
- Prepare and deliver cash bundles to chief cashier in order to keep his/her cash drawer within set cash holdings limit
- Check host and UBT totals and perform cash balancing during the day
- Count vouchers and perform day end balancing
- Ensure compliance with Group policies to include money laundering deterrence and local regulations and any laws / operating procedures connected with business areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to the Bank’s business operations and goals by providing personalized, effective and efficient service while ensuring full compliance with BIM and other procedure manuals including instructions issued from time to time.
- Ensure to abide by cash handling and bank robbery procedures at all times.
- Effectively manage Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing, Fraud and Reputational Risk.
- Proactive identification of possible fraud and anomaly indicators and advised to the appropriate AML, Risk and KYC specialists (using the High Risk Review Process, where implemented).
Experience & Qualifications
- Good communication skills.
- PC knowledge.
- Have excellent and professional customer service standards.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) serves millions of customers worldwide. Our employees help customers to manage their day-to-day finances and save for the future. We offer career opportunities ranging from customer service and relationship management jobs in branches to roles in product development, sales, strategy, asset management and insurance. There are many career opportunities in Retail Banking and Wealth Management, from customer service and relationship management jobs in branches to roles in product development, sales, strategy, asset management and insurance. Generalist, specialist and managerial roles are available at all levels. For more information visit http://www.hsbc.com/careers/explore-our-business
We put diversity at the heart of our business and we take our responsibility to develop our talent seriously.
Joining HSBC will give you the chance to work in a collegiate, supportive and inclusive environment in which we seek to develop and promote people based on merit. We will provide you with tailored training and support to help you identify and follow your chosen career path, as well as access to a range of market-competitive benefits.
What to expect at HSBC
- The chance to realise your ambitions
- Globally connected careers
- A strong emphasis on values
- Learning and development opportunities
- An inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Market-competitive benefits
Global Careers Opportunities
Visit our Global Careers site where you can explore our business, meet our people and find useful application hints and tips http://www.hsbc.com/careers