Job Title: Teller – (16000252)
Primary Location: AE-AE-Dubai
Work Locations: Attijari Al Islami – Umm Suqeim Branch 2668 Umm Sequeim 3, Al Wasl Road, Deira Dubai
Job: Attijari Al Islami
Organization: Attijari Al Islami – Retail
Employee Status: Regular
Shift: Day Job
Provide general banking services such as receiving deposits, withdrawal of cash, giving cash against visa cards, selling TCs, cash management as per Bank’s policies etc. Issue DD’s, MCs and passing Internal Transfers.
- Ensure the correct receipt / payment of cash and accurately credit /debit the customers account and acknowledge the receipt to the customers.
- Sell and buy TCs (traveller’s cheques), issue DDs (demand drafts) and exchange currencies by observing the procedures such as identification of the customer, authenticity of the draft, applying the approved exchange rate etc. to protect the interest of the customers and the Bank.
- Provide any other service as directed to support the overall banking operations of the Branch.
- Take interest to cross sell or referral for Bank’s products and services to support the achievement of Bank’s targets.
- Maintain and improve customer queue time for teller services monitored through Que-matic Productivity Report – less than 3 minutes
- Over and above the existing duties and responsibilities, Tellers are required to issue Managers Cheques (MCs) to customers. They will also be responsible to process all Internal Transfer cheques and requests at their end only.
- Check the postings carried out by the other Teller against the day’s transactions’ journal and sign on the report.
Service and Quality
- Ensure strict adherence to laid down procedures to avoid delay, errors, irregularities and risks to improve service standards on continuous basis to support the Bank’s quality initiatives and to improve customer satisfaction.
- Take initiative to deliver satisfying customer service to each visiting customer by providing fast, accurate, efficient and courteous service
- Identify the area of self development in line with the Bank’s competency guidelines and prepare and execute the action plan in agreement with the supervisor. Moreover, participate in e-learning and other training initiatives as required by the supervisor as well as HR.
- Higher Secondary education. Formal training in banking would be an added advantage
- Experience, though not essential, would be preferred.
- Good knowledge of English. Arabic language would be an added advantage.
- Communications skills.
- Numeracy and accuracy
- Customer Focus
- Organization commitment
- Quality Focus
- Change Orientation